Some people have expressed questions on how does one pray for even 15 min non - stop
Here is a overview of how to do it...
HAVE A PEN, PAPER and A BIBLE close by
1) START BY saying that you are here to meet with HIM asking His Holy Spirit to speak to you as you talk together.
2) Then take some time to praise the Lord.
Take a passage and use it like a guide and do what it says. For example... use Psalm 103
PSALM 103 New Living Translation (NLT)
1 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
2 Let all that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
5 He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!
6 The Lord gives righteousness
and justice to all who are treated unfairly.
8 The Lord is compassionate and merciful,
slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
9 He will not constantly accuse us,
nor remain angry forever.
10 He does not punish us for all our sins;
he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve.
11 For his unfailing love toward those who fear him
is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth.
12 He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.
13 The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
14 For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.
17 But the love of the Lord remains forever
with those who fear him.
His salvation extends to the children’s children
18 of those who are faithful to his covenant,
of those who obey his commandments!
19 The Lord has made the heavens his throne;
from there he rules over everything.
22 Praise the Lord, everything he has created,
everything in all his kingdom. Let all that I am praise the Lord.
2) After praising.... TALK to the Lord about you... EXAMINE yourself in the LORD... How is your walk with Him? Is there anything you feel you need to clean up with God and with others? Respond to what you are feeling and sensing... write it down if you need to remember for later
PSALM 139: 23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting
3) Talk to the Lord about your family... your friends... your church ... your country... ASK for help and guidance from the Holy Spirit...
1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV) casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
4) Thank the Lord for meeting with you and make a date to speak again with Him soon.
Easy right! Do this and you will take at least 15 minutes (or often MORE :) with the LORD in prayer
REMEMBER... prayer is A CONVERSATION between friends...